The FROSTCRUISE® In-Transit Solution
FROSTCRUISE overcomes these environmental challenges by using liquid nitrogen (LIN) as the refrigerant. The LIN is stored at a temperature of -320°F (-196°C) in an insulated on-board tank. It circulates through a heat exchanger before releasing its cooling power. The low-pressure release changes the liquid nitrogen to a gas, and high-velocity fans circulate the cold, nitrogen-enriched air inside the trailer to keep foods chilled. The cryogenic system maintains temperatures within a tight range and can provide rapid refrigeration power when outdoor temperatures suddenly rise.
FROSTCRUISE was designed for reliable operation and long life. Fans are the only moving parts.
Highlights at a glance
- Rapid cooling power with extremely stable temperature control
- Reduced carbon footprint through diesel savings
- Elimination of “greenhouse gas” refrigerants (e. g. R404A)
- Long service life and reduced downtime
- Low-noise design for quieter operation